I had to go to the Tottenham Court Road this morning to pay
a cheque into Metro Bank
Annoyingly, some people still write cheques (solicitors
in this case)
There was one teller operating and I became third man
in the queue
As I waited (not very patiently) I looked round and to my
amazement I counted nine bank operatives sat behind desks
admiring the queue…..
…..which had now grown to five
No one moved…
There must be a special ‘retail banking gene’ that makes
the owner ultra comfortable watching people wait when
you could help
When my turn eventually came the breezy teller asked how
I was, about the weather, the tennis……
Holy cow !
I really like this bank but bank operatives are an unusual breed
A little later Bloomsbury Farmers’ market hove into view…….
Hungry and eager to try a Woodwards Farm (since 1917) cheeseburger
I joined another queue !
It was worth it
Even if I had to strong arm them into serving it medium rare (I showed
the chef my student card and swore I wasn’t studying the dark art of food inpector-ing)
Just like a BBQ without the barbecue small talk
Anyway, back to our hero
Ed is still in a transit area at Moscow airport
The Evil Empire annulled his passport so he can’t go anywhere
Technically not even back to USA when you think about it !
So looking a little like Tom Hanks in the 2004 film ‘The Terminal’ Ed has a few
choices to decide between…
1. Hand himself over to the Evil Empire (two hopes and Bob is one of them)
2. Live in the terminal for the rest of his natural life (unlikely)
3. Put in for a Russian passport that Putin will fast track and then……
4. Stay in Russia, marry an Olgar and raise a brood of russo-americanos (maybe)
5. Use said passport to emigrate to Ecuador for a new life as a living hero (likely)
God’s speed, Eddie
RUN EDDIE RUN